Monday, May 9, 2011

Favorite Character

Who is your favorite character?

Why is he/she your favorite?

Describe this character's most endearing quality. Explain a situation where this quality can be easily seen.

What role does this character play in the novel? Protagonist/antagonist/ narrator/plausible/minor character/etc.

How do other characters feel about his character?

How does your character treat others? Provide evidence.

Anything else you would like to add :)

**Provide at least one direct reference with correct documentation to your entry.
Correct documentation:

With dialogue:
'I don't know, Scout. We better go home'” (Lee 92).

Description:
He had turned his head to one side and was looking out of the corner of his eyes” (Lee 92).

Example (You could add more and should include a quote):
Dill is my favorite character. His unknown background and seemingly troubled past endears him to me. I love to try and put the pieces together Harper Lee gives us about Dill. She sneaks them into so many different events. Sometimes I have to remember all the clues are given to me through an elementary girl's language and perspective. 

Being a minor character, Dill isn't present in the story all the time. While he's in Meridan, I wonder when he will return and what "trouble" he will get Jem and Scout into next. He seems happier when in Maycomb with his Aunt Rachel, Jem and Scout. This leads me to believe he has limited good friendships in Merdian and would prefer to stay in Maycomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment